Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Teachers say: Don't push me to use computers.

After I read this article, I came up with the above title. I suggest this to language teachers who are interested in using technology classroom.

Teacher Adoption of Technology: A Perceptual Control Theory PerspectiveJournal article by Yong Zhao, Gary A. Cziko;
Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, Vol. 9, 2001

I found it very close to what i'm trying to find out about what teachers think when they use technology. This article helps you understand yourself and your colleagues better.

There is a part in the summary and implication that is very useful for technology integration training for teachers. One recommendation is - Don't just give teachers flashy gadgets or training or impose them to any software without assessing their needs.

Enjoy!

No comments: